Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: beaulieu 1008xl info

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Scott123's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2003
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey, i got ahold of a beaulieu 1008xl for pretty cheap. i really don't know exactly how to use it. i mean, i've figured out zooming, film speed, single frame...but i'm having some problems with focusing and light metering/exposure. the problem is, i'm not sure wether the camera is fully functional or not, or if i need a new light meter battery. right now a manual would be super helpful, i've been searching google for about an hour and i can't find anything.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is funny ... I have never once heard anyone on any of the S8 boards mention this Beaulieu model. Wasn't this supposed to be the budget-Beaulieu of the 70s? Very stripped down, right? I have an for it in a Super-8 filmaker mag, I'll see if I can find it and post it and see if there are any articles on it. In the meantime I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable folks on the board can answer your questions better than I...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Scott123's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2003
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks,
    well i really do like this cheap budjet model. other than not having the c-mount lens i think it has a lot of features. it's a really neat camera, and instead of having that battery pack problem, the camera is powered by 6 AA batteries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •